Terms and Conditions
1. The owner of this web site is Dale Photographic Ltd, whose address is Dale Photographic Ltd, 60 - 62 The Balcony, Merrion Centre, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS2 8NG, England ( “Dale Photographic”). Registration Number 4518689.
2. Your contract for purchases made through this web site is with Dale Photographic.
3. You agree that email can be used as a long- distance means of communication.
4. No contract for the sale of any product will subsist between you and Dale Photographic unless and until Dale Photographic accepts your order by the way of an email confirming that your order has been processed and dispatched, with payment in full for all the goods you have ordered. We will not take payment for goods ordered with our shopping basket system until we are ready to deliver to you the customer. That acceptance will be deemed complete and will be deemed for all purposes to have been effectively communicated to you at the time Dale Photographic sends the email to you (whether or not you receive that email). This confirmation email amounts to an acceptance by Dale Photographic of your offer to buy goods from Dale Photographic or a third party supplier that is engaged on your behalf by Dale Photographic.
We consider the contract of sale to be formed at the point of dispatch by us of your goods.
In the unlikely event that an incorrect price is shown on our website Dale Photographic reserves the right to abstain from fulfilling the order at that price. You will of course be notified. As our buying prices are subject to change we may on occasion be unable to supply at the advertised website price. In this instance we can cancel your order and refund any payment you have made.
5. This confirmatory email will contain all relevant statutory information concerning your contract.
6. This confirmatory email will also contain a link to these terms and conditions, and may be amended in accordance with paragraph 32 below from time to time.
7. You must check that the details on this confirmatory email are correct as soon as possible and you should print it out and keep a copy of it.
8. Dale Photographic will not pass on your personal or credit card details to any third party. We don't see all your card details when you order online so this is very safe.
9. You undertake that all details you provide to Dale Photographic for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods or services are correct, that the credit / debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods or services ordered.
10. If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your responsibility to inform Dale Photographic as soon as possible.
11. Your statutory rights are not affected ( in particular see below as to your rights to withdraw from the contract) but otherwise all purchases are non-exchangeable, non-refundable and non-transferable.
12. You may cancel your order at any time prior to your order being processed by emailing to email@example.com or by post at the address at paragraph 1 above or by telephoning +44(0)113 2454256 during normal office hours. You may also withdraw from the contact no later than 7 working days from the day after you receive the product by returning the goods to Dale Photographic unopened together with the original invoice within 7 working days from the date that you received the goods. Dale Photographic will refund you the purchase price of the goods providing they haven't been used. Digital products can only be returned if the software is still sealed.
13. Once Dale Photographic receive notification from you that you wish to withdraw from the contract ( in accordance with these terms) any sum debited to Dale Photographic from your credit / debit card in relation to your order will be re-credited to that credit / debit card account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order provided that the goods you wish to return are received by Dale Photographic in the condition that they were in when delivered to you and subject to an administration fee amounting to 15% of the purchase price of the goods returned.
14. This liability section applies only to the extent permitted by law. For the avoidance of doubt, Dale Photographic do not exclude or limit any liability for (a) personal injury (including sickness and death) where such injury results from Dale Photographic’s negligence or wilful default, or that of Dale Photographic employees, agents or subcontractors or (b) fraudulent misrepresentation.
15. Dale Photographic does not accept liability (except as set out below) for any errors and omissions and reserve the right to change information, specifications and descriptions of listed goods, products and services.
16. Dale Photographic will do its best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified of them.
17. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Dale Photographic is providing this web site and its contents on an “as is” basis and makes no ( and expressly disclaims all) representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to this web site or the information , content, materials or products included in this site including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In addition, Dale Photographic does not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this web site is accurate, complete or current.
18. In the unlikely event that you receive goods which were not what you ordered or which are damaged or defective, or are of a different quality to that stated on your order form, Dale Photographic shall, at its own option, make good any shortage or non-delivery, replace or repair any damaged or defective goods, or refund to you the amount you paid for the goods in question provided that you notify Dale Photographic of the problem in writing at the address stated in the confirmation email within 10 working days of delivery of the goods. Nothing in this clause affects your statutory rights.
19. Dale Photographic do not accept liability for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of damage to property and/ or loss from claims of third parties arising out of the use of the Dale Photographic website or for any products or services purchased from dale Photographic.
20. Dale Photographic will only be liable for direct loss up to a maximum total of the price of the product or service purchased in respect of any claim.
21. All new products are covered by a minimum 12 month manufacturer’s warranty.
If your product develops a fault while under warranty, please contact Dale Photographic and we will advise you where to send it for repair. It is a “return to base” warranty therefore there will be a delivery charge to return the product back to the relevant service centre.
Processing of orders
22. Credit and debit cards are debited just before items are shipped by Dale Photographic. All prices include sales taxes (where applicable) unless otherwise stated, and the delivery charge is quoted at the time of purchase.
23. Every purchase you make shall be deemed performed in England. English law shall govern every aspect of contractual agreement concerning purchases made from this web site.
24. Dale Photographic aim to arrange shipment of all stock items within 5 working days of receiving your order. Your order may be delayed if the item is not in stock with our suppliers. Some items may be unavailable and the current stock status is approximate. Dale Photographic are not able to supply dates our suppliers may get an item in stock.
25. If Dale Photographic is unable to dispatch your order within 21 days from receipt, Dale Photographic will contact you with an estimated dispatch date and offer you the option of cancelling the order or agreeing a revised delivery date. Our standard Returns Policy applies to all purchases from Dale Photographic.
Delivery / Title / Risk
26. The period stated within which you will receive your order is approximate. Goods will be sent to the address given by you in your order and stated in the Order Confirmation.
27. Title to any product ordered will pass to you once Dale Photographic has received payment in full for that product.
28. If your delivery address is outside of the UK you maybe be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Any such additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you. You should note that customs policies vary widely from country to country ; Dale Photographic advises each customer to contact their local customs office for further information.
29. From time to time Dale Photographic may engage a 3rd party to fulfill orders, a contract for the sale of these products will be made between the 3rd party supplier and yourself.
30, Please note that when shipping products internationally you should be aware that cross-border shipments are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
31. It is a crime to use a false name or a known invalid credit / debit card to order.
Anyone caught willfully entering an erroneous or fictitious order will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
32. Dale Photographic may amend these terms and conditions from time to time, and place the new version on the web site. When Dale Photographic do so, Dale Photographic will mention the fact on our home page ( http://www.dalephotographic.co.uk ). All purchases from the date that the amended terms are placed on our web site onwards will be governed by those new terms.
33. These terms and conditions shall apply when Dale Photographic accepts your order by email confirming that it has received payment in full for all the goods you have ordered. They shall supersede any and all other conditions, understandings, commitments, agreements or representations (except fraudulent misrepresentations) relating to your purchase, whether oral or in writing, and contain the entire agreement between Dale Photographic and you relating to your purchase. Dale Photographic advises that you print off and keep safe a copy of these terms and conditions once your order has been accepted by Dale Photographic.
34. You are advised to read (and are responsible for reading) all information on this web site fully.
35. If any of these terms are held to be invalid or unenforceable, those terms will be struck out and the other terms remain.
36. These terms and conditions are subject to the laws and exclusive jurisdiction of England.
While every effort will be made to ensure that all items shown are in stock we offer no guarantee of availability and this electronic publication does not constitute an offer for sale. Goods are normally dispatched within 48 hours. If we are unable to despatch your order within 7 days, we will contact you by e-mail with an estimated despatch date and offer you the option of cancelling the order.
Prices and Tax
The price shown for the goods excludes postage and packing unless specifically stated. The charges for postage and packing are shown in the Checkout once you have entered the country and method of delivery and before you are asked to confirm the order. The price you pay will include VAT for all deliveries within the European Union. For deliveries outside EU, VAT will be deducted from the total price. Delivery to non-European countries may result in import duties payable on receipt of the goods. You will be liable for these duties.
Cancellation and Returns
If you are not satisfied with the goods you have a right to cancel the contract, return the goods and receive either a full refund of your monies or replacement goods. Please contact us before you return goods, telling us that you are returning the goods and why. You may cancel your order at any time prior to your order being processed by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at the address at paragraph 1 above or by telephoning +44(0)113 2454256 during normal office hours. You may also withdraw from the contact no later than 7 working days from the day after you receive the product by returning the goods to Dale Photographic unopened together with the original invoice within 7 working days from the date that you received the goods. Dale Photographic will refund you the purchase price of the goods. Digital products can only be returned if the software is still sealed. Once Dale Photographic receive notification from you that you wish to withdraw from the contract ( in accordance with these terms) any sum debited to Dale Photographic from your credit / debit card in relation to your order will be re-credited to that credit / debit card account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order provided that the goods you wish to return are received by Dale Photographic in the condition that they were in when delivered to you and subject to an administration fee amounting to 15% of the purchase price of the goods returned.
The colour of goods may vary slightly from that shown on the website due to limitations of browser software and monitors.
All confidential information, including credit card details, are held securely and only transmitted in encrypted form. Customer details are not passed to third parties and are used only in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
You agree to indemnify us against any claims, losses, liabilities, damages and expenses (including legal fees), arising out of your use of this site.
The Contract will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties to the Contract submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
None of the above Terms and Conditions affects your statutory consumer rights.
The owner of this web site is Dale Photographic Ltd, whose address is Dale Photographic Ltd, 60 - 62 The Balcony, Merrion Centre, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS2 8NG, England (Dale Photographic). Registration Number 4518689.
It is a crime to use a false name or a known invalid credit / debit card to order. Anyone caught willfully entering an erroneous or fictitious order will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
WEEE Regulations: The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive is now UK law. The legislation aims to make producers pay for the collection, treatment and recovery of waste electrical equipment. The regulations also mean that suppliers of equipment like high street shops and internet retailers must allow consumers to return their waste equipment free of charge. The amount of WEEE we throw away is increasing by around 5% each year, making it the fastest growing waste stream in the UK. ? Much of the UK’s WEEE ends up in landfill, where the lead and other toxins it contains can cause soil and water contamination. This can have a harmful effect on natural habitat, wildlife and also human health. ? Many electrical items that we throw away can be repaired or recycled. Recycling items helps to save our natural finite resources and also reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending electrical goods to landfill. Distributors of new Electric and Electronic Equipment (EEE) have a part to play in reducing the amount of WEEE going into landfill sites. DALE PHOTOGRAPHIC LTD is obliged under these regulations to offer our customers free take-back of their WEEE on a like-for-like basis when they buy a new Electrical or Electronic product from us. For example, if a customer bought a new LENS from us we would accept their old LENS and prevent it going into a landfill site by disposing of it safely. Customers must return their WEEE item to us within 28 days of purchasing their new item. Under the WEEE Regulations, all new electrical goods should now be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol shown below: Goods are marked with this symbol to show that they were produced after 13th August 2005, and should be disposed of separately from normal household waste so that they can be recycled.
Protecting Your Security
We will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.